About the role
We are looking for a proactive and self-sufficient Business Development Manager to join an exciting crypto mutual fund and startup incubator. The primary function of the role is to drive new relationships and foster existing relationships with early-stage crypto projects and key strategic partners that can support our portfolio projects. Strategic partners include but are not limited to investors, launchpads, exchanges, tech services, and marketing agencies.
In addition, you will be expected to introduce our core product offering to all partners and think of new innovative ways to drive revenue.
To be successful you must be able to understand company goals and work strategically to realise key objectives. The role is fast-paced and will require the ability to manage multiple external relationships, whilst working across all internal business areas to find solutions for our portfolio projects.
· Have a comprehensive understanding of the entire product offering, what each department does and how all of this can be utilized to bring in projects and funding.
· Initiating, maintaining, and growing relationships across the whole crypto ecosystem that will benefit the business as well as specific departments in the investment, incubation, projects, tech and marketing teams
· Participate in partner meetings to add to internal dialogue around assessment and value partnership.
· Strong communicator with the ability to work autonomously, find answers to questions and critically think about solutions for tasks.
· Work with the marketing team to find worthwhile cross-department strategic initiatives that can be leveraged for brand growth.
· Play a key role in managing Business Development infrastructure including utilizing contemporary software like Monday.com.
· Firm understanding of KPI’s how to reach them, and reasons why they might have been missed.
· Ability to see the big picture and how key relationships for a vast network and ideas on how value can be derived from connecting different entities across that network.
· An interest in raising capital for the company and a good eye for promising projects that would be a value add as a partner or incubated project.
· Maintain relationships with projects from initial introduction, and support for internal introductions, to IDO/TGE through launch and post-launch.
· Creative thinker with ideas for developing new revenue streams for the company
· Creative thinker around lead generation and contacting gatekeepers and decision-makers.
· Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
· Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
· Manage existing partnerships with stakeholders across the ecosystem e.g. investors / VCs, launchpads, exchanges, market makers, web3 tech companies, marketing agencies, publications to support our project partners
· Work with projects to understand their business model and identify the most suitable partners to match them with
· Business development/sales experience in crypto dealing with at least one of our core stakeholders; VCs / investors, launchpads, exchanges, early-stage projects
· Deep understanding of the crypto environment and current trends
· Strong communication skills: both written and verbal
· Experience deploying sales strategies; creating new relationships and cultivating existing partnerships
· Quick learner, that can operate at a fast tempo
Nice to have:
· Team management
· Worked at supporting early-stage crypto projects
· Experience in a start-up environment
What We Offer:
· Competitive salary and coin plan
· Learning and development budget
· Excellent career prospects
· Professional coaching
· Direct contribution to a meaningful mission
· Challenging problems
· Flexible schedule
· Fun and global team
· Innovative team culture
· Team offsite events
Upload your latest CV here (include a contact number!)