Research Analyst (Web3 Venture Capital)
Dependant on Experience
About the company
One of the largest venture capital funds in the web3 space are macro thinking web3 / Cryptocurrency researcher to join the team who has the ability to proactively identify strategic, early stage investment opportunities in companies and protocols.
About the role
You should have a deep understanding of blockchain technology, computer science, distributed systems, consensus algorithms, networking, game theory and other related web3 technology, as this is essential to the investments that the business look at.
You’ll be constantly plugged into the forefront of new and exciting projects so having a burning passion for the space is essential
You’ll be reasoning through the emerging trends in the space and identifying non-obvious opportunities for deployment of capital as well as researching early stage investment opportunities in emergent companies and protocols.
Due diligence of prospective investments working with the wider team daily, so having a background in this is essential, a willingness to travel as necessary is also beneficial.
Other great qualities you should have;
– Solid understanding of crypto-economics and blockchain technologies generally
– An analytical mind with an instinct to identify thematic trends
– Able to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
– Obsession with the future of blockchain technology, web3, and low-level protocol development
– An open minded research methodology and intellectual curiosity
– Candidate with a degree in a technical area (i.e. mathematics, engineering or computer science) and/or technical experience is strongly preferred
Upload your latest CV here (include a contact number!)